Whether you're changing an estimate or invoice number, follow the steps below.
The process is the exact same.
Things to know:
Estimate and invoice numbers are completely separate from each other.
An estimate and invoice can have the same number and be completely unrelated.
If you copy an estimate over to a job, the invoice number will not necessarily be the same as the estimate number.
Invoices will be numbered in ascending order based on the highest invoice number in the system (the same is true for estimates)
1. Open the Estimate or Invoice Details Page
2. Click on the 'Invoice' or 'Estimate' icon (paper airplane icon)
3. Click on the 'Settings' icon (gear icon in the upper right corner)
4. Click 'Change invoice number'
5. Type in the new invoice number. Then, click 'Change'
NOTE: Invoices will be numbered in ascending order based on the highest invoice number in the system
For example, if you change invoice #53 to #200. The next invoice created will be #201
6. Click 'Done' to save
7. Tap the 'X' in the top left corner to return to the invoice details page
Battling unpaid invoices? Check out 7 ways to get paid fast!