If you need to change the bank account you have connected to Housecall Pro for receiving deposits from your customers payments, this tutorial is for you.
***Remember that when you connect a new bank account, the first deposit will take longer than usual, about 5 business days, as the connection is finalized.***
Step 1: Navigate to MY MONEY and then click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen.
Step 2: Under Settings, you will see the bank account currently connected under Standard Payouts. Click on the blue pencil icon to edit.
Step 3: Press CONNECT MY BANK when you see the pop up for updating your bank account.
Step 4: Press Continue to choose your bank and securely connect your bank account with end-to-end encryption using Plaid.
Step 5: Search for and choose your bank.
Step 6: Enter your online banking credentials, select the account you’d like to use and click ‘Submit’
Step 7: Verify Your Account Representative
- In order to keep you and your account safe and prevent fraud, you’ll need to verify the identity of the person affiliated with the company’s bank account.
- You’ll need to enter the social security number and upload a picture of the person’s identification (driver’s license or passport). Take a clear picture of the ID laying on a plain, white background.
- Select if this is an ‘Individual’ or ‘Business’ account (business requires a business tax ID), and fill out the rest of the fields completely
- Once filled out, click ‘Finish’ on the bottom right
- Once your information has been entered (including ID and Social Security number) the information is encrypted and sent to Stripe, our credit card processor.
- You'll be taken back to the Bank for Payouts screen and see a 'Pending' status on your account.
- Stripe is able to verify the representative quickly and change your status from 'Pending' to 'Verified'. Once you're verified, you're all clear to start accepting credit cards through Housecall Pro!
The processing time for standard payout deposits is 2 business days.
NOTE: The first deposit can take up to 5-7 business days to accommodate the approval process.