All Collections
Twilio 10DLC Registration
How to Verify Your Business Information for A2P 10DLC Compliance
How to Verify Your Business Information for A2P 10DLC Compliance

Initial registration failed

Written by James Beange
Updated over a week ago

Your business must verify its information to keep full functionality of sending SMS messages through Housecall Pro.

What is A2P 10DLC?

A2P 10DLC refers to a system in the United States that allows businesses to send Application-to-Person (A2P) type messaging via standard 10-digit long code (10DLC) phone numbers. All companies in the United States that utilize application-to-person messaging (A2P) are required to go through a registration process that verifies their legitimacy. You can read more about A2P 10DLC here.

Why do I have to do this?

The original business information that was submitted to our vendors was rejected. It’s highly likely that there is a mismatch between your EIN and business name.

I was seeing a different banner before, why am I seeing this now?

We could not register your business successfully, as our SMS partner has identified your business as having an EIN; this is a different registration path than Sole Proprietors.

How do I resolve this issue?

Verifying your information is simple. All you have to do is resubmit your business information exactly as listed in your CP 575 letter. DBAs are not accepted as a business name.

You can update your business information via one of the following:

  • Follow this link OR

  • Select "VERIFY BUSINESS INFO" on the banner within your dashboard


What if I submitted the correct information already?

If you have already submitted information you believe is correct (EIN and business name), you’ll need to send us your CP 575 EIN Letter, and we’ll need to open a support ticket for your inquiry.

What if I submitted my information and reached the maximum number of retries?

If you have reached the maximum number of retries, you must supply your CP 575 EIN Letter and we will re-register you. You will see a banner on your dashboard that allows you to upload your CP 575 letter.

What if I've misplaced or lost my CP 575 Letter?

In the event that your CP 575 letter has been misplaced or lost, you can request a copy from the IRS. Please visit the IRS’ official website here to initiate the process of obtaining a replacement CP 575 (also known as letter 147C).

Can I upload the 147C letter?

Certainly, as the IRS does not issue additional CP 575 letters, they will provide you with a copy, known as the letter 147C, upon your request.

If you have any issues with registration, reach out to Chat support via the blue chat bubble.

Did this answer your question?