When you are ready to start using Housecall Pro with QuickBooks Online, you will need to connect the two QuickBooks to Housecall Pro. Follow the steps below to connect to QuickBooks Online from Housecall Pro.
If you do not have an account or subscription to QuickBooks Online you will first need to sign up and choose a subscription option.
Housecall Pro customers receive special pricing options.
The Housecall Pro integration works best with Essentials, Plus and Advanced.
The QuickBooks Integration does not work with Simple Start plans
Once you have an account and subscription, follow the instructions below to connect to QuickBooks Online.
Connecting QuickBooks Online to Housecall Pro
1. Click the 'My Apps' icon in your navigation bar
2. Click 'Go to App store'
3. Scroll down to 'Productivity' and click 'QuickBooks Online.'
4. Click the 'Connect To QuickBooks' button
Once you select 'Connect To QuickBooks,' you will be taken to the QuickBooks Online onboarding experience where you will connect your QuickBooks Online account and have the option to import your data from QuickBooks to Housecall Pro.
Importing you QuickBooks Online data to Housecall Pro
Benefits of importing your data from QuickBooks Online to Housecall Pro.
Save time from manually entering customers, price book items, invoices, taxes rates and get your started using Housecall Pro faster.
Historical invoices from QuickBooks Online are now is easily available in Housecall Pro.
Any new jobs created in Housecall pro using customers, price book items, tax rates, and business units are now automatically connected to QuickBooks Online.
5. After the successful connection to QuickBooks Online. You will have the option to Import your data from QuickBooks Online to Housecall Pro.
Housecall Pro Imports the following data from QuickBooks Online:
We highly recommend reading this article to prepare your data in QuickBooks Online before importing to Housecall Pro.
6. Click 'Import' to begin the process of Importing your data from QuickBooks Online to Housecall Pro.
You can skip importing your data by clicking 'Skip'.
7. You have the option to 'import all' of your data from QuickBooks Online or from a 'specific start date'.
All Time: Import all of your QuickBooks Online data from the beginning of your QuickBooks Online account creation.
Specific Start Date: Import your data starting from any date. This will import all of your data from that date until today.
We recommend this option if you have more that 7 years of QuickBooks Online data so you do not have to cleanup records dating back further than necessary.
8. Next you will be asked how your data is organized. We ask this because:
Housecall Pro supports Parent/Child customer relationship data. We do not support Parent/Child/Grandchild hierarchies.
If you do have 3 levels of customer hierarchies, you will need to move to two levels or one level customers. Click here to learn how to move your customers in QuickBooks Online.
**Options 1 and 2 (above) are supported by Housecall Pro.
9. Click 'Begin Import" to start importing your data from QuickBooks Online to Housecall Pro.
Depending on the amount of data imported this process can take a few minutes to a few hours.
10. Click 'Finish' to check the status of your import.
You will be taken to the QuickBooks Online Settings page to review the status of your import.
11. When your import is complete you will receive an email from Housecall Pro on the status of your import and any data errors that may have occurred during your import.
The settings page will also give you a status of your import and import history. The import page within Settings will also be the place you return to import any additional data.
To return to this page click the green QuickBooks Icon in the upper right hand corner.
Learn more about how Housecall Pro easily integrates with your Quickbooks Online account.