You can easily set up sub-customers (parent/child relationship) when creating your customer database.
If you are communicating with one customer, but invoicing another (i.e. property management companies and tenants), follow the steps below.
If you are communicating and invoicing everything to one customer for multiple locations, you will need to set up multiple address instead.
Note: You will want to have the parent customer saved into the system before creating this relationship:
- When creating the new child customer, scroll to the 'Notes' section of the 'Add new customer' window.
- Type the existing parent/billing party's name, email, address or phone number in the 'This customer bills to' field and select from the drop-down list.
- When you click, ‘Create Customer', this setting will be saved.
If you happen to create the sub-customer first, you can still update this setting within their customer profile once you have added the parent account.
- Click on the pencil icon next to 'Contact Info', and edit the same ‘This customer bills to’ section.
- Make sure to click ‘Update’ to save this change for future billing purposes.
- If you would like to remove or replace a parent customer, you can simply click on the 'X' next to the customer name and either enter a new parent customer or leave the field blank.
- Within the sub-customer’s ‘Profile’ section, you will be able to view their billable parent account and address. This will also be displayed on the job details page in the customer contact information box.
- The parent customer’s profile will display which sub-customers they accept bills from in the billing section.
- Additionally, the parent customer’s ‘Jobs and Estimates’ history section will display their sub-customers’ history.
- Automated notifications (job scheduled, "on my way," and job finished) go to the sub-customer. Invoices, estimates and payment receipts will go to the parent customer to be billed.