Step 1: Click into ACCOUNT SETTINGS
Step 2: Click on EMPLOYEES
Step 3: Click + for adding an employee
Step 4: Add employee information
- First & last name
- Mobile number - A text will be sent to your employee through the system letting them know you've set up an account for them and that you will provide them with their login email and password.
- Email address -*If the system tells you the email it isn't available for use, please click on the chat bubble so our tech support team can resolve it for you!*
- Password - will default to the employee's last name in lowercase unless you input otherwise. Click 'edit' to change the password.
- Picture - if you have Custom SMS, you'll want to upload a headshot of your employee so your customers can see who will be coming to their property!
- Color - this color will show on your calendar to signal jobs/estimates dispatched to this employee.
- Tags - internal markers that can help you filter your calendar and note specific things about your employees. For example, if an employee is assigned to 'Truck A', or has additional 'Handyman' skills, etc.
Once your employee downloads the blue Housecall Pro App, they'll click LOG IN and use their email and password combination to access their account.
Step 5: Set employee permissions
- Select if employee is an Admin/Owner or a Office Staff or a Field Tech
- Office staff can use both the web portal and mobile app. Field techs have access to the mobile app ONLY.
- Be sure to assign a main Point of Contact (POC)/Dispatch employee. Only ONE employee can be assigned the role of POC.
NOTE: Whoever is set as the POC will receive customer replies to
the automated text notifications to their mobile app
(unless a job is 'In Progress' aka between 'OMW' & 'Finish').
Step 6: Click SAVE & SEND SMS to invite your employee!