Invite your employees to join your company's Housecall Pro account to stay updated on their work in the field!
To send an invite to your employees:
1. Click into your 'Account Settings'
2. Select 'Employees'
3. Click '+ Employee'
4. Input Employee Information:
- First & last name
Mobile number - A text will be sent to your employee through the system letting them know you've set up an account for them and that you will provide them with their login email and password.
Email address -*If the system tells you the email it isn't available for use, please click on the chat bubble so our tech support team can resolve it for you!*
- Password - will default to the employee's last name in lowercase unless you input otherwise. Click 'edit' to change the password. Your
Once your employee downloads the blue Housecall Pro App, they'll click LOG IN and use their email and password combination to access their account.
Picture - if you have Custom SMS, you'll want to upload a headshot of your employee so your customers can see who will be coming to their property!
Color - this color will show on your calendar to signal jobs/estimates dispatched to this employee. Simply click on the color block to edit.
- Tags - internal markers that can help you filter your calendar and note specific things about your employees. For example, if an employee is assigned to 'Truck A', or has additional 'Handyman' skills, etc.
5. Set Employee's Permissions:
- Select if employee is Office Staff or a Field Tech
- Office staff can use both the web portal and mobile app. Field techs have access to the mobile app ONLY.
- Be sure to assign a main Point of Contact (POC)/Dispatch employee. Only ONE employee can be assigned the role of POC.
NOTE: Whoever is set as the POC will receive customer replies to
the automated text notifications to their mobile app
(unless a job is 'In Progress' aka between 'OMW' & 'Finish').
6. Click 'SAVE & Send SMS' to invite your employee!
Next Up: Add your price list
Check out these tips on attracting great employees to your company.