If you have the Reviews app turned on, you can hook up your Google My Business account to get reviews on Google from your Gmail customers!
NOTE: Only customers with @gmail.com email addresses will be directed to Google to leave their review. However, all other customers will still be able to leave their review on Housecall.
To connect your Google My Business account to Housecall Pro Reviews:
1. Click 'My Apps' and select 'Reviews'
2. Click 'Connect'
- Or click the 'Settings' icon to toggle ON/OFF or change you Google My Business
3. Type in your company's name or Place ID in the space provided
4. Select your company from the options in the drop down list
5. Click Submit once you've selected
6. Click 'this link' in blue to confirm that you've selected the correct company
- A new window will open with the Google My Business account you've chosen
7. If you've selected the correct business, click back to the Housecall Pro page and click 'Confirm'!
- If you've selected the incorrect company, click 'Go Back' and re-try your search.
If you need to view or change your Google My Business ID at any time, click the 'Settings' icon on your Reviews page.
To change your Place ID: toggle Google OFF, then toggle back ON. You will then be taken through the process to select the Google ID (as shown above).
How can I find my Google Place ID?
- If you don't want to type your business name in the space provided, you can find your Google Place ID by following the instructions in this Google article (click here).
Which of my customers are sent to Google to leave their review?
- Any of your customers that have an @gmail.com email address will be send directly to Google to leave their review
I have customers that don't have Gmail accounts, can they leave reviews?
- Only customers with @gmail.com email addresses will be directed to Google to leave their review. However, all other customers will still be able to leave their review on Housecall
Having a hard time figuring out how to ask for reviews? Let us show you how.