You can set up auto invoicing for either a specific customer (which will apply to all invoices for this customer) or for a recurring job (which will apply only to those jobs that are part of the series).
Customer Level Auto Invoicing
1. Click into your customer’s profile (not an invoice for the customer) and make sure you’re in the ‘Profile’ section
2. Scroll down until you see the Auto Invoice box on the bottom left
3. Select how often you want the auto invoice to occur by clicking the drop down box next to Recurrence (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly)
Daily: You will need to then select the cadence for sending the invoice. Common cadence is every 14 or 30 days.
Weekly: You will need to then select the cadence such as every 1 week, or bi-weekly, every 2 weeks, etc... and which day on the week you want the batch invoice to go out.
Monthly: You will need to then select the cadence as either monthly on a specific date such as the 15th of every month or a specific day of the week such as the first Monday of the month. You can also set this to go out quarterly by setting it as repeat every 3 months.
4. Once selected and saved, your customer will receive a batch invoice on the date of billing for all unpaid invoices that have not already been sent to the customer.
(The invoices will be sent in a batch but sent out 1 by 1, this is not the same as the Batch Invoicing feature where you combine the invoices and customers can make a bulk payment)
5. Once created, the auto invoice selection will appear on the customer’s profile in the Auto Invoice box.
Recurring Job Level Auto Invoicing
Already existing recurring jobs:
(If you’ve decided to setup auto invoicing after already created a recurring job)
Open the invoice detail page for the recurring job
Scroll down until you see the Auto Invoice box towards the bottom left
Select how often you want the auto invoice to occur by clicking the drop down box next to Recurrence (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly)
New Recurring Job
Create and schedule a recurring job as you normally would
Before clicking 'Save', click to 'Review'
Click on the Auto Invoice box to the right of the scheduled recurrences list and select the Recurrence (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly)
Once set, be sure to 'Save' and you'll be good to go!
**If you DO NOT already use our credit card processor, but are interested in learning more, click HERE!**
Having trouble collecting from your customers?
Check out these simple tips!