Exciting news– CompanyCam is now integrated with Housecall Pro!
CompanyCam is a must-have app when working with homeowners, subcontractors, and other crews. The photo + video capture tools, automatic organization, and easy annotations make communicating with every stakeholder painless.
What does this mean for you? Well, for starters, it means:
More organized jobs
Fewer work photos on your phone
Improved communication with clients
And that’s just scratching the surface!
CompanyCam is offering Housecall Pro customers a 14-day free trial and 50% off your first two months. Learn more and get started in the Housecall Pro App Store
Known Limitations of Integration
1. Currently HCP does not support adding photos to estimates (yet). Our friends at CompanyCam found a great workaround though! You can view that here.
Summary: if you create a job with a customer (doesn't need to be scheduled) and then convert that job to an estimate, the photo functionality will work as intended and the photos will come to the estimate.
2. Multiple Addresses: When you create a customer in HCP, the integration creates a new project in CompanyCam. But when you create a job from a second customer address in HCP, the address on the project in CompanyCam will update to the most recent job, instead of creating another project for the second address.
3. Existing jobs on the schedule before integrating CompanyCam will not appear in CompanyCam. To get your pre-existing job to show up, simply edit the customer on that job (it could be as simple as hitting the +Email button). This change to the customer will trigger CompanyCam to update.
4. Recurring jobs will not function properly; only the most recent occurrence will show up as a project in CompanyCam.
We are constantly working to accommodate these scenarios. As new versions get released, we will update this list.
Integrate CompanyCam + Housecall Pro
Note: You must have an active account with both CompanyCam and Housecall Pro in order to integrate the two services.
To start integrating the two you must have the user permission to "Manage Company Account." Don't have that ability? An Admin on your CompanyCam account can edit your permissions.
Ready to connect? Click here to learn how.
How the Housecall Pro Integration Works with CompanyCam
Here's a walkthrough of the integration:
1. Add a new Customer to Housecall Pro first. A new Project in CompanyCam will be created for that customer.
2. Find the Customer Project in CompanyCam and then add photos for the current Job.
3. All of the Jobs in Housecall Pro that are added for that Customer will be organized under the Customer's Project in CompanyCam. Photos taken in CompanyCam will be sent back to the newest job for that customer.
4. You'll see a link to the customer project at the bottom left of each Job just below Attachments.
* If you do not see the Attachments or CompanyCam link in the Job simply reload the page and they should become visible for you.
** If photos are added to the Customer Project before a job is created those photos will not be sent over to Housecall Pro
Creating a Project when you have an Existing Customer
If you're looking to create a project from existing customer information that was in Housecall Pro before you integrated with CompanyCam, you can use this simple process to push that information over:
Go to the customer profile for the customer who needs a project created for them
Select the pencil icon to edit Contact info
3. You can edit any information in their Contact info and then choose "Update". If you don't actually need to change any information, the simplest option would be to hit the + Email Button. You do not need to add an email address there, you simply need to click that button and then press "Update".
For support with the CompanyCam integration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with them on the web or mobile app.