While tags are useful for capturing a variety of details about customers and jobs, they can become difficult to manage and report on as the list grows. Fields provide a more structured and organized way of capturing specific information about your work that results in more accurate and consistent reporting.
The following fields are available by default on any job or (with an exclusion of the Callback field) estimate details page:
Job type - this field can be used to capture the types of services your organization offers
Business unit - if you have multiple teams or business units this field can be used to track which teams are working on which jobs
Callback- if a previously scheduled job resulted in a callback this field can be used to capture which jobs are callbacks
Using and Customizing Job Fields
Job fields can be used while creating a new job or estimate, or on existing jobs and estimates. Simply select the appropriate value from the dropdown. Next, check the Callback box if the job is a callback. All selections will be saved to the job.
Both Job type and Business unit have default values upon creating a new job or estimate. These values can be changed to better reflect your business and reporting needs. Use the steps below to update field selections.
Note: Only admins and office staff with permission to update company info will be able to edit Job field values from the settings page.
Customizing Field Values
1) To customize field values, click on account settings from the web app in the top right-hand corner under your user name.
2) Select Job Fields
3) Click on the row of the value you'd like to edit. Update the value with the name you'd like to use and click Save.
You can also click + Job Type or + Business Unit to create new values.
And if you'd like to delete a value, click the row of the value you want to delete, and click Delete.
Note: Deleting a value will remove it from any job it's been selected on and the value will no longer be available in reports.
4) Field values can also be created directly from the job details page. To add a new value, start typing the name in the job field text box and click Add. Once created, the new field value will be available in the dropdown list.
Using Job Fields in Reports
Job fields can be used as both filters in your job reports and as an added column in the job drill-down report.
1) To use the fields as filters on reports, navigate to the reporting tab from the web app
2) Select a report and click to add a filter. On the right hand panel, you'll see Job type, Business unit, and Callback as filters that can be applied to the report.
3) Additionally, by clicking into the job drill down report by selecting View All Jobs, these fields can be added as columns and exported.
Having trouble finding what you need?
Use the blue bubble to reach out to our chat team for live customer support. If you’d prefer to talk it out over the phone, call our support number at 858-842-5746.