Credit card processing:
Housecall Pro offers credit card processing through Stripe - the industry leader for processing payments that uses bank level security.
All cards processed through Housecall Pro and Stripe are encrypted on disk with AES-256. The decryption keys are stored on a separate device. This means that as soon as a customer's card is scanned using the Housecall Pro mobile app or input into the Housecall Pro web portal, it is secured and unretrievable by the user.
As of March 18, 2020 our standard credit card processing rates are as follows:
- 2.59% for when the card is swiped, tapped, or chipped with our card reader
- 2.99% if the card is entered online by the customer via an invoice emailed to them
- 3.49% (or 3.19% for XL) when the card details are manually entered or scanned with the app or entered by your staff in the web portal.
Standard processing time for credit card payouts: 2 business days
- Note: If you are processing your first payout, it may take up to 5-7 business days for the deposit to reach your account
We also offer Instapay, which allows you receive credit card payments in 30 minutes, for an additional 1% fee on top of any of the fees listed above.
**NOTE: Rates may vary based on plan - contact us via the blue chat bubble if you have questions or would like more information
Bluetooth Card Readers:
Housecall Pro has Bluetooth card readers available for purchase - which offer a reduced processing fee of 2.59% per transaction (flat rate, effective March 18, 2020) when used to take a credit card payment.
- Accepts all banks/card types and supports magnetic stripe, chip (EMV), and contactless cards, as well as Apple / Android Pay
- Learn more about Card Readers by clicking here
ACH is an electronic network used to transfer funds from one bank account to another without using paper checks, credit card networks, wire transfers, or cash. You can accept ACH payments in a few different ways:
- You can send your customer an email containing their invoice, with a link to pay online through their bank account.
- You can text your customer their invoice, with a link to pay online through their bank account.
Standard fee for processing ACH: 1% per transaction
Processing time for ACH: 7-10 business days
This feature is currently only available for businesses based in the U.S. To learn more about ACH payments, click here.
Interested in hearing more about our credit card processor?
**If you DO NOT already use our credit card processor but would like more information, click HERE!**
Having trouble collecting from your customers?
Check out these simple tips!