Overdue Invoices are jobs with outstanding balances that:
- have an invoice due date that is more than 7 days ago AND have not been invoiced in the last 7 days
- were completed more than 7 days ago AND were never invoiced
Any jobs that match the requirements above will appear in your overdue invoice dashboard report.
- Invoice emails that fail to send act as invoices that have not been sent and will be included.
- Invoices with partial payment will not appear in this list
What happens when I click 'Send'?
As soon as you click 'Send', Housecall Pro will attempt to send your customer an invoice via text AND email.
- If the customer does NOT have an email on file, the email cannot be sent
- If the customer does NOT have a mobile number on file, the text cannot be sent
- If the 'Pay Online' option is disabled for the customer, no text will be sent.
- If there are multiple customer emails on file, only the first email will receive it
- Both the email and text (if applicable) will be sent to the customer whether or not their profile notifications are ON/OFF
NOTE: Custom SMS is NOT required in order to send the text.
What do the customer email and text messages say?
- If an invoice has previously been sent to that customer, the new invoice will have the same 'Payment settings' as the original.
- If an invoice has NOT been sent before, the invoice will default to your company's saved pay online options.
To set your company's default payment settings for invoicing, toggle on/off your desired settings, click 'Remember pay online option', and then click 'Send'.
Having trouble collecting from your customers?
Check out these simple tips!