Overdue Invoices are jobs with outstanding balances that:
- have an invoice due date that is more than 7 days ago AND have not been invoiced in the last 7 days
- were completed more than 7 days ago AND were never invoiced
Any jobs that match the requirements above will appear in your overdue invoice dashboard report.
- Invoice emails that fail to send act as invoices that have not been sent and will be included.
- Invoices with partial payment will not appear in this list
What happens when I click 'Send'?
As soon as you click 'Send', Housecall Pro will attempt to send your customer an invoice via text AND email.
- If the customer does NOT have an email on file, the email cannot be sent
- If the customer does NOT have a mobile number on file, the text cannot be sent
- If the 'Pay Online' option is disabled for the customer, no text will be sent.
- If there are multiple customer emails on file, only the first email will receive it
- Both the email and text (if applicable) will be sent to the customer whether or not their profile notifications are ON/OFF
NOTE: Custom SMS is NOT required in order to send the text.
What do the customer email and text messages say?
If an invoice has previously been sent to that customer, the new invoice will have the same 'Payment settings' as the original.
- If an invoice has NOT been sent before, the invoice will default to your company's saved pay online options.
To set your company's default payment settings for invoicing, toggle on/off your desired settings, click 'Remember pay online option', and then click 'Send'.
Having trouble collecting from your customers?
Check out these simple tips!