We’ve partnered with Google to power bookings directly from search results.
Today’s homeowners start their shopping journey with a search engine -- in particular, Google. This is the case when they’re looking for plumbers, electricians, carpet cleaners and other home services as well.
With the integration from Housecall Pro, your customers will be able to book directly into your calendar from their search results on Google.
On your Google Business page, a "Schedule" button will appear which customers can use to select the service they want performed and a time slot that works for them with out leaving Google.
*The schedule button currently only shows on your Google Business page when the home owner is viewing the site from their mobile device.*
Who can use this feature?
**To enable the integration, your company MUST be an approved Google Guaranteed business.**
If you are not part of the Google Guaranteed program yet, sign up here.
The integration is currently only available for the following industries:
- Home Cleaning
- Landscaping & Lawn
- Carpet Cleaning
- Heating & Air Conditioning
- Junk Removal
- Pest Control
- Roof & Attic
- Window & Exterior Cleaning
- Tree Services
We are working to make this available to more industries in the near future.
There is no additional cost to adding your Housecall Pro online booking to your Local Services ads by Google.
Standard fees will still apply for leads that come from Google. Check out those costs here.
Enabling the integration
To enable the integration, your company MUST be an approved Google Guaranteed business.If you are not part of the Google Guaranteed program yet, sign up here.
To enable the integration:
- First, make sure you are signed up with Location Service Ads by Google
- Then, navigate to the app page in your Housecall Pro account
- From here, flip the enabled switch to turn on Google
PLEASE NOTE: It may take up to 24 hours for the booking button to show on your search result.
Local Services Ads has predefined a set of items that will be available for booking for your industries, which will be added to a category in your price list named "Google".
These items are predefined, meaning:
- You CANNOT move other items into the category
- You CANNOT define your own items to be booked on Google
- The title of items CANNOT be changed, but you can change the description and price
On Google, the price list item will appear like this:
The price of the item will appear to the homeowner as a price to receive an estimate for the work.
- This is not the final price for the service, only the trip charge to perform an estimate
- The price can be what ever you would like, $0.00 prices will show up as free
- The homeowner will not have to pay any of the costs at the time of booking
Updates can be made to items at any point, but please note that changes may take up to 24 hours to appear in Google.
Google will show homeowners your available booking slots according to your calendar in Housecall Pro. These are the same windows that HCP uses to show on your online booking page. Both use your calendar to see if you are available or not for booking, so if you are not available for jobs on a specific booking window, the window will show as unavailable on both online booking and Google.
If you already have windows set up for online booking, you're good to go. If you have not set them up, or want to make edits before going live on Google, you can do so here.
For a more in depth look at how booking windows work, check out this article.
Updates can be made to windows at any point, but please note that changes may take up to 24 hours to appear in Google.
Receiving a booked job
Once a job is booked through Google:
- The job info and customer details will show in the your calendar for the selected time slot
- The founding admin and company POC will receive a text message alerting them that the job has been booked
- All GLS booked jobs will be tagged automatically so that you can report on the jobs you receive