Unlike when you first import data into Housecall Pro, you will only see warnings, not errors when Housecall Pro pushes or exports your data into Quickbooks Desktop.
Duplicate Customer Error
Why do Export Errors Occur?
Errors occur when there is an issue on a job that we are trying to push to QBD.
What Type of Errors Are There?
There are 3 types of export errors:
- Customer errors
- Invoice errors
- Transaction errors
If you have both a customer error and invoice error on the same invoice, be sure to fix the customer error and reprocess first. Then proceed to fix the invoice error and reprocess second.
How to Reprocess Errors
Fix the issue and then click reprocess. You can sync immediately or if auto-sync is set up it will sync on the schedule you’ve set.
If an error will not reprocess, chat in using the blue chat bubble.
Common Errors & Resolutions
Failed to export the price list item category "Switch" because the corresponding item in QBD was of type "Inventory Part".
- Cause: The integration does not support non-inventory/inventory items and cannot remove the stock item from QBD. The "price list item category" error is due to items being marked as inventory in QBD.
- Resolution: Change the type from inventory to service in QBD or create a new item for this part in HCP and then reprocess the error.
There was an error when modifying a Customers list, element "800002D3-1257274454". QuickBooks error message: This list has been modified by another user.
- Cause: This customer was merged
- Resolution: Engineering is working on a solution for this error
There was an error adding, modifying or deleting 1AF699-1596197542 because it is already in use. QuickBooks error message: The transaction could not be locked. It is in use by another user.
- Cause: This customer was being modified while we were trying to update QBD.
- Resolution: Finish modifying the customer and then reprocess.
An attempt was made to modify a Invoice with a date that is on or before the closing date of the company. If you are sure you really want to do this, please ask a user with Admin privileges to remove the password for editing transactions on or before to closing date (this setting is in the Accounting Company Preferences), then try again.
- Cause: The accounting period on this invoices has been closed within your Quickbooks Desktop.
- Resolution: Reopen the accounting period in QBD or make changes manually to QBD and then dismiss the error.
Failed to export the customer "CUSTOMER NAME" because "CUSTOMER NAME" is already linked to a different customer with the same name in HCP.
- Cause: We can't create the customer because you have a customer with the same name in QBD that is already linked to a different customer in HCP.
- Resolution: Click reprocess to choose a new name for this customer to be exported.
There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Account "Income" in the Item Service. QuickBooks error message: Invalid argument. The specified record does not exist in the list.
- Cause: The default account name setup in HCP for “Income Account” does not match what is in QBD. The name must be an exact match.
- Resolution: Copy and paste the name from QBD to HCP for your default account.
There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Item Sales Tax "No Tax" in the Invoice. QuickBooks error message: Invalid argument. The specified record does not exist in the list.
- Cause: The default account name setup in HCP for nontaxable sales tax code does not match what is in QBD. The name must be an exact match.
- Resolution: Copy and paste the name from QBD to HCP.
The query request has not been fully completed. There was a required element ("800009AA-1593791479") that could not be found in QuickBooks.
- Cause: We synced and have a link to a customer that was deleted or made inactive in QBD
You have no items or one or more of your amounts is not associated with an item. Please enter an item.
- Cause: The invoice contains no line items.
- Resolution: Add a line item to the invoice and reprocess.