What are ACH Payments?
ACH is an electronic payment network used to transfer funds from one bank account to another without using paper checks, credit card networks, wire transfers, or cash. These types of payments are sometimes called "direct transfers."
Because they’re electronic, ACH payments are faster and more reliable than checks, and cost less than a credit card payment.
How can I be eligible to use ACH?
- You need to have a bank account added and identity verified to be eligible to activate ACH transfers
- You also need to have received 10 credit card transactions through Housecall Pro to ensure you're in good standing with our payment processor.
If you meet these qualifications and don't see ACH payment option, please chat in.
Is ACH available in Canada?
No. ACH is only available to customers in the US.
How much do ACH payments cost?
ACH payments are available for a 1% fee.
Note: The fee for usage based pricing is 0.49%
How long before I see my money in my bank account?
ACH payments take between 7-10 business days to process, depending on your bank, and the bank your customer is sending the payment from.
How do I turn on ACH payments?
- Make sure you've setup your bank account to receive payouts
- Only after you've completed step 1 will you see the option to 'Allow ACH Payments' in an invoices' payments settings
- Click the toggle to turn on
When your customer receives the emailed invoice, they will be able to log in with their online banking credentials and send payment easily.
What will my customers see?
When you send a text or email with ACH payments enabled, your customers will be able to log in to their bank online in order to send payment.
Having trouble collecting from your customers? Check out these simple tips!