How do I get my own card reader?
- If you’d like your own Housecall Pro card reader, click here and fill out this form. Please keep in mind that we are still in the testing phase and card readers are only compatible with iOS devices at this point in time (iPhones and iPads)
Does the card reader work with iPads?
- Yes! The card readers are iOS compatible.
Can I use a reader with my Android or Android Tablet?
- Yes! Card readers can be used with Android devices.
I live in Canada, will I be able to use the card reader?
- Not yet. But if you are interested in having a card reader, please fill out this form and we’ll be sure you get one once they’re ready!
Can I use one card reader with my iPhone/iPad and Android device?
- Yep! The card reader will work the exact same way with iOS and Android devices.
How long will the card reader battery last?
- Out of the box, the card reader should last at least a thousand swipes/chip reads. The reader automatically shuts itself off after a few idle minutes. That being said, we do still suggest charging them often to ensure the battery is full and good to go. Better safe than sorry!
What payment methods work with the card reader?
- Apple Pay
- Android Pay
- Samsung Pay
- VISA Paywave
- MasterCard PayPass
- AMEX ExpressPay
- Discover D-PAS
Where's the card reader button?
- Please chat in if you're not seeing the 'Use Card Reader' button shown in the picture below. Our support team will take care of you right away!
Having trouble collecting from your customers? Check out these simple tips!