Pros can update a service plan credit card through the Service Plan details page.
1. Go to the customer's profile and select the correct Service Plan.
2. On the Service Plan details page, scroll down to the Payments section, previously called Billing Cycle.
3. Select the add or update credit card button. The add button will appear if there is not a credit card currently attached to the service plan. The update button will appear when a credit card is currently attached to the service plan.
4. If the customer’s service plan payments are up to date, simply add or edit the service plan card. The card will be saved for future service plan payments and no charges will occur at this time. When future payments are due, the card will automatically charge.
5. If there are overdue or failed payments on the service plan, you have two options when adding the new credit card.
Charge this card for all outstanding payments - Upon saving the card, we will charge the customer immediately for the total amount of all failed or overdue payments on the plan.
Mark all outstanding payments as paid - The customer’s card will be added to the service plan, and all failed and overdue payments will be marked as paid. The card will be saved for future service plan payments and no charges will occur at this time. When future payments are due, the card will automatically charge.
6. This feature is available on web only.
Customers can update their credit card through the customer portal.
When a customer is sent a Service Plan to Pay and Accept, they create a login, select a billing frequency, and add their credit card information. If they should need to add/remove/update that information they can do so through the client.housecallpro.com portal. The customer may log into this portal and update their information at anytime.
Updating the card on file does not change the billing date
If there is an outstanding balance due, all outstanding amounts will be charged to the new card on file at the time of update
For more information about Service Plans, please see Service Plans FAQs
Having trouble finding what you need?
Use the blue bubble to reach out to our chat team for live customer support. If you’d prefer to talk it out over the phone, call our support number at 858-842-5746.