This feature is currently in beta testing on iOS and not available to all Pros. If your workflow does not look like the video or you are using an Android device, please scroll down to find more information on how to sell a service plan on mobile.
1. From the job page, select ADD SERVICE PLAN from the service plans tile
2. Select your service plan template.
If there is a discount applied to that template, you will see the potential savings the customer will receive on the job.
3. Select the details of your service plan - start date, add ons, billing frequency, and tax.
Please note that marking this as the first visit can be completed once the service plan is active from mobile or from web.
4. Once set up is complete a draft plan has been created. From here, you can send the plan to your customer or checkout.
5. To checkout for the service plan, navigate to the pay icon and through the checkout steps.
6. Once payment is successful, the plan is active and your customer will receive two emails - confirmation of their plan details and a receipt.
7. Once the plan is active it will be accessible from the job page and from the customer profile on both mobile & web.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is the service plan on the invoice?
The service plan payment is processed separately from the job. Your customer will receive a receipt for both the job and the service plan, but there is not one singular receipt or invoice with both.
2. Why can I not see the sold service plan on web?
In order to see the sold service plan, the user must have the new line items update. Please reference this article to turn that on.
3. Where is the "this is the first visit" checkbox?
The above feature is currently in beta testing. If your workflow does not look like the video, please follow the below instructions.
Tap Pay at the top of the Job.
On the payment screen tap + Service Plan.
Find the correct plan and select it using the blue pricing button.
Select the the plan start date. Based on the plan you choose, the end date will automatically adjust. If the job you are currently on is the first visit of this plan, select the box next to 'This is the first visit'. Tap NEXT.
If Add-ons need to be added to the plan, select which ones by tapping ADD next to the appropriate Add-on and selecting the correct amount of each. Tap NEXT.
To select the appropriate billing cycle, tap on the appropriate row. The selected billing cycle will be marked with a check mark. If the plan needs to be taxed, tap the toggle next to 'These payments are taxable'. Tap Done.
At checkout you will see the the total for the Job listed as well as the Service Plan. These can be paid altogether or separately. To collect payments separately tap the downward facing arrow next to whichever item is getting paid second to deselect the box next to it.
When paying for a Service Plan through the employee mobile app there will be a prompt to have the customer sign for their Service Plan to accept. Once signed, tap CONFIRM PLAN & PAY. The customer will be sent a confirmation of their Service Plan to the email address on their customer profile. NOTE: If the customer pays by credit card for the Service Plan, that card will be charged for all payments in the billing cycle should there be more than one.
For more information on Service Plans on mobile, please see Service Plans on Mobile FAQs.
Check out how recurring revenue helps your service business grow.